Friday, September 11, 2009

RUNNING

This picture is from the Georgetown Idaho Springs Half Marathon. It was a great race, finished in 2 hours 12 min. Much improved from the Moab 1/2 in April...it took me like 2 hours and 40 min. I did have a concussion the week before but that still is a yucky time. Venessa(the gal on the left) had only been training for like a month and she kept up and did awesome!!!







This is from the Cabbage Head Duathlon. It was a 5K run 20K bike 5K run. Amber, Carrie, Erin, and I did it together. My first 5k I ran an 8 1/2 min mile!!! The second 5K I had a side ache and barely made it over the finish line.

As many of you know I am a runner, not very fast but I have improved over the past 10 years. I used to run a 12 minute mile...I know PATHETIC!! But I run between a 9 and 9 1/2 minute mile. I competed in several different races this summer. Mostly I enter these races just so I have a goal in sight. I need something to keep me focused and on track. My good friend Carrie has been my running buddy, and I probably would not have done all the races we did without having a friend to come along...although she always kicks my butt:) I did a 10K , 2 1/2 marathons, and a duathlon.
Now a group of 12 ladies, me included are going to be doing the Wasatch Back Relay next June. It is 188 miles through the moutains. This should be a lot of fun!! I won't start really training till spring but it will give me a goal to stay in shape ocer the holidays!! We are putting together a running blog for our team and I will post it soon.
Signature

2 comments:

kellie said...

Hey, I train about a 12 minute mile. I can go a little faster under pressure. My goal is to get under 10 someday. I would love to do that dualathlon. Are you doing it again next year? We are doing the Aspen 1/2 in a couple of weeks.

Adrienne said...

Your awesome Jarrie. Good for you. Way to improve on your times! I'll have to get some tips from you. Ragnar will Rock!

 

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2009