Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Here it is 12 am-insomnia AGAIN!!  What is it with getting older, wrinkles, aches and pains, insomnia, sagging boobs-blah!!!  As I laid in bed just waiting for sleep, I was thinking of the awesome series I am reading right now.  So I popped some melatonin and decided to come share my fabulous find!
I HEART books, love em!!  Infact I love to buy them because it brings me such happiness to know that they are sitting on my shelf just waiting to be read. 
It has been a while since I have read something that I just couldn't put down.
For anyone who wants a good read I recommend....THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins, as well as the follow up Catching Fire.  I would love to know if anyone has read this series and what you thought about it.Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When her sister is chosen by lottery, Katniss steps up to go in her place.
Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.


4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm glad you do something productive when your awake at night, I usually just stare at the boob tube wasting time that I complain about not having......

Neuffj said...

Okay book review lady! You are so silly. I am glad you are reading. Nice that you are finding some you time. Sorry you aren't sleeping though. Perhaps it's the crazy schedule your fam is on????

Neuffj said...

P.S. You have an award at my blog!

Nancy Wharton said...

Bring these to Hawaii! I'd love to read them. :) My lastest fav author is Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper). I've read about 6 of her books now. Let me know if you're interested and I can bring a couple for you. She mostly deals with really crazy family situations, legal, medical, ethical, but really, really difficult ones. Love ya! -Nanc

 

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2009