Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tantalizing Tuesday

Want a fast dinner under 30 min. start to finish?  Why not try Chinese Fried Rice. This is one of my kids favorites, and I have to say I like it too.  I had left over ham this week from potato soup so I used the rest for this recipe, and I might just be able to use the ham for MacnCheese too.

Jarrie's Fried Rice
6 C cooked brown rice
1 T garlic
1 c green onion
1 cup cooked carrots
1 c frozen peas
3 eggs
1 c diced ham, shrimp or chicken
3 T oil
soy sauce to taste.(I use gluten free)

Cook up the rice in your rice cooker, I like brown rice because it is healthier, and my kids can't tell its brown cuz of the soy sauce.


Add 1 T of oil to pan and cook green onion and garlic for 1 min.  Add diced ham. Add cooked carrots and frozen peas.  Saute till fragrant and warmed through. Remove this mixture from pan and hold in a bowl.


Add 1 t oil to pan and cooked whisked eggs and scramble.  Remove from pan and add to bowl.


Now add the last T. of oil and add your 6 cups cooked rice.  Saute for a minute or two and add the mixture in the bowl to the pan.


Cook through and add soy sauce to taste.

No comments:

 

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2009