Monday, August 16, 2010

Georgetown Half Marathon

I completed my 3rd half marathon on Saturday.  It went really well and I am so happy to not train for anything for a while.  Just do what I want to do.  The Georgetown Half starts at Georgetown and drops into Idaho Springs, a nice mining mountain community.  It is a beautiful run along the river and beautiful scenery.

I woke up around 5:15 to get rady to go.  I met a bunch of my MOM team members(notice my other blog on my sidebar) and we headed up the mountain.  It is about an hour drive from Erie to Georgetown.

Perhaps this might be too much info but about half way there I HAD to go to the bathroom.  There was no holding it or stopping it.  So we pulled over at some swanky hotel and let me do my business.  Fortunately no accidents and the run went without any accidents too-thanks to a double dosage of Imodium.  Boy-I am still paying for that today:(

It wasn't too chilly this year, last year Carrie and I almost froze our butts off, but this year it was so nice.  The only dowfall was that there were only like 10 porta potties for 3000 people.  It took us 40 minutes to get through the line.  While waiting to go potty we  took some before snaps of us, this is good cuz usually all you get of me is the aftermath when I look half dead!

Carrie, me, Susan
Erin, Amber, Tara, Natalie
Me and Susan
Me and Susan AFTER the run
The whole group

My strategy was to start at a 10 minute mile pace and by the middle og mile two kick it up a notch and shoot for a 9:30 the rest of the way.  Here are my splits:
Mile1: 10.21
Mile 2: 9.38
Mile 3: 9.01
Mile 4: 8.47
Mile 5: 9.25
Mile 6: 9.13
Mile 7: 9.23
Mile 8: 10.33
Mile 9: 9.33
Mile 10: 9.37
Mile 11: 10.47
Mile 12: 10.30
Mile 13: 9.49
Mile .1: 8.08
I totally died around mile 10, I was sick and thirsty and just wanted to quit-as you can tell from my time.  But I kept telling myself I could do it.  Just like the little engine that could.
I finshed at 2 hours and 7 minutes which is 5 minutes faster than last year and averaged a 9.44 pace. Can I say that I am ecstatic with my time.  My goal was 2 hours and 10 minutes.



1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Jarrie that is so awesome! If I could hold that pace for that long I would be thrilled. Enjoy time off of "training" Good job.

 

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2009