Monday, August 2, 2010

Triathlon

Saturday I did my 2nd triathlon.  It was actually a lot of fun and I am looking forward to another one.  I don't know that it will happen this year, but I hope to go for a farther distance.  This tri was done in a pool and I have to confess, was wayyyyyy easier than the last lake one that I did.  The water was a perfect temperature and I could see the bottom and I didn't have a panic attack like last time.  I am a strong swimmer, but there is something about swimming in a lake:(

I went into the tri having injured my leg the week before on a 12 mile run(I am also training for a 1/2 marathon.)  Because of this i had decided I was not going to worry about my times and I would just have fun.  Normally I would physc myself out a week before the race and totally disappoint myself because I had stressed about it too much.  Since I went into this thinking that I was just gonna do my best, I totally surprised myself. 


The swim was the best of course, I took 2 minutes of my time and lapped the people in my lane twice.  I ended up doing the swim in 10 minutes and the fastest I had done it intraining was 12 minutes.  Next cam the bike portion and it went pretty smoothly, no flat tire-allelujah.

In this picture I am going so fast that the picture was blurry!!!! 
This is after the bike and heading out on the run. Normally after a bike ride my legs feel like jello, this time I didn't really have that problem, I did OD on Aleve before the race so maybe thats why. The run was pretty good. I was expecting a 10 min mile due to fatigue and my injury but i still avaerage a 9:30-I was so happy with that pace!


This is one of my Mind over Mileage team mates and I right after the race.  My othe MOM team mate Amber took the pics.  It was nice to have her there cheering me on:)  The tri that I did previously was a tad longer than this one and took me 2 hours 50 minutes.  This one took me 1 hour 25 minutes.  So how do you like them apples???  YEA!!!

You can check out our team MIND OVER MILEAGE blog at:
 http://mindovermileage.blogspot.com/





3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Jarrie that is so awesome. I don't know how you do it all. Cook, sew, 4 busy kids, business owner.. it's inspiring. Great job!

Susan said...

YAY! You are awesome!!

Bloggy Blog Designz said...

I like them apples real well! DAD

 

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2009